Project #6902 — iteration #147Minted on January 14, 2022 at 02:15
A single seed shape is chosen from 13, and placed onto the plane. At every step, a copy of this seed is laid edge-to-edge adjacent to an existing shape, without causing any overlaps. This copy is colored based on the edge it shares with the existing shape. The process continues until the animation completes.
New shapes are placed closest to a moving target. In some mints, this target is slow moving, causing new shapes to expand radially from the seed. In other mints, this target races around, causing new shapes to chase it.
Each of the 13 shapes forms different patterns under different circumstances. Not all patterns will be explored.
- SPACE: Pause/unpause the animation.
- ENTER: Skip the animation.
- R: Restart the animation.
- "preview=1": Skip the animation.
- "flex=1": Adapt the boundaries to the size of the window.
- “slow=1”: Draw only one shape per frame.
Licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0